Safari Newsletter Dated September 17, 2018
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,
I'd like to start today by sending best wishes to all the victims of
Hurricane Florence in my home state of North Carolina and in South
Carolina. As a child, my annual family vacation was always to one of the
hard-hit beach towns near where Florence made landfall, and I looked
forward to it all year long.
As I write this, at least 19 people have died and more are missing or unaccounted for, hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses are without electricity, and entire cities and towns are cut off from the outside world due to impassable roads. The water is still rising in some rivers and bays, and dams and levees in coastal areas are in danger of failing.
It's been barely a year since the floodwaters of Hurricane Harvey began to rise here in Houston, taking lives and property and livelihoods. The 800 Houston-based employees of Vacations To Go send our heartfelt condolences to all who are dealing with the same in the Carolinas.
Vacations To Go will donate $100,000 to relief and recovery efforts in the hardest hit areas in the Carolinas. We are vetting local, long-established charities now and I will announce in next week's newsletter where we sent our donation.
Top 10 Africa vacations
Kenya Sarova Safari,
7 days with SITA Tours. Begins and ends in
Nairobi. Starting at $2,425. Departures from January 7 through December
2) Serengeti Safari to Zanzibar, 11 days with G Adventures. Begins in Nairobi and ends in Zanzibar. Save 15%. Starting at $2,074. Departs October 30 and December 18 & 25, 2018 and January 1, 2019.
3) Best of South Africa with Victoria Falls, 11 days with Cosmos. Begins and ends in Johannesburg. Save $100 per couple. Starting at $2,769. Departures from April 20 through November 30, 2019.
4) Jewels of Africa, 11 days with Monograms. Begins in Nairobi and ends in Cape Town. Starting at $3,249. Daily departures from January 5 through December 11, 2019.
5) Botswana Delta Experience, 5 days with Trafalgar. Begins and ends in Maun. Save up to 10%. Starting at $3,320. Departures from January 22 through December 31, 2019.
6) Highlights of Namibia, 13 days with SITA Tours. Begins and ends in Windhoek. Starting at $3,825. Departures from January 5 through October 26, 2019.
7) Remarkable Rwanda & Gorillas of Uganda, 9 days with Intrepid Travel. Begins and ends in Kigali. Starting at $3,825. Departures from June 8 through December 21, 2019.
8) Discover East Africa, 13 days with African Travel. Begins in Nairobi and ends in Arusha. Starting at $4,599. Daily departures from January 6 through November 17, 2019.
9) The Plains of Africa (Explorations), 14 days with Collette. Begins and ends in Nairobi. Save $200 to $700 per couple. Starting at $5,621. Departures from October 11, 2018 through April 18, 2019.
10) Tanzania: A Grand Family Safari (BBC Earth Journey), 10 days with Tauck. Begins and ends in Arusha. Young travelers receive $500 per person off family departures. Starting at $7,790. Departures from June 5 through December 20, 2019.
Customers in the US and Canada can call us toll-free at 800-291-3346.
For a list of our other toll-free numbers worldwide, click
For the world's best selection of deeply discounted cruises, click here.
For river cruises along famed waterways, click here.
For escorted tours to destinations worldwide, click here.
For hotels and resorts in the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Bermuda, the Bahamas and Europe, click here.
Please e-mail me your comments, suggestions and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond the same day.
If you enjoy our newsletter, please forward this email to family and friends.
Chairman & CEO
Vacations To Go