Safari Newsletter Dated January 17, 2020
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,
Today, I'd like to share a few of our best-selling African safaris,
based on bookings made by Vacations To Go customers. I've described each
safari briefly below. Click the links to see itinerary details and a
full list of dates and prices.
Splendors of South Africa & Victoria Falls (Small Group Discovery), 12 days with Globus -- This itinerary begins in Cape Town, where you'll explore the Bo-Kaap (a neighborhood of colorful homes also known as the Malay Quarter) and ride a cable car up Table Mountain. Look for the "Big Five" -- lions, leopards, buffalo, elephants and rhinos -- on game drives in Makalali Private Game Reserve, and enjoy sundowner drinks before an evening search for nocturnal wildlife. Visit Johannesburg's Soweto township and Apartheid Museum, then fly north to take a sunset cruise of the Zambezi River and spend time at thundering Victoria Falls.
10 Day Kenya Safari Exploration (Discovery Tour), 10 days with Gate 1 Travel -- Guests visit an elephant orphanage, feed Rothschild's giraffes and visit the Karen Blixen Museum, former home of the writer of "Out of Africa." Eight game drives in four national preserves reveal lions, beisa oryx, buffalo, white rhinos and flamingos, and a stop at the Kazuri beads workshop shows how artisans make jewelry out of clay from Mount Kenya. Your accommodations include The Ark Lodge, which is next to a large salt lick and waterhole that draws animals; decks overlook the site and a ground-level bunker provides excellent up-close photo opportunities.
Best of South Africa, 15 days with Trafalgar -- This vacation spends two nights at Kruger National Park, where you're likely to see the Big Five. Enjoy a free day in the Drakensberg mountain range, where you can join an optional four-wheel drive adventure that ascends more than 9,400 feet up Sani Pass for lunch at Africa's highest pub. Walk on the unspoiled beaches of Chintsa and beneath the ancient yellowwood trees of Tsitsikamma National Park. Guests spend a night at the award-winning, seaside Oyster Box hotel, one of Trafalgar's "Stays With Stories," and learn about Xhosa culture during a "Be My Guest" experience in Knysna.
Exploring South Africa, Victoria Falls & Botswana, 14 days with Collette -- After taking in the attractions and wildlife of beautiful Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula -- with dinner at the home of a local Cape Town family -- guests travel to South Africa's winelands for tastings and a meal made of locally sourced ingredients. A two-night stay at Entabeni Conservancy allows for an early morning game drive and a chance to follow wildlife tracks with a ranger and tracker. Spend time at leisure in Johannesburg, then fly to the spectacle of Victoria Falls. In Chobe National Park you'll join a safari cruise.
Kenya & Tanzania: A Classic Safari (BBC Earth Journey), 13 days with Tauck -- Tauck guests stay in luxury tented camps and safari lodges on this itinerary. Highlights include the big game of Amboseli National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, which is home to a dense population of animals like zebras, wildebeests, gazelles and their predators; your hotel here is perched at the caldera's rim. Scout the savannas of the Serengeti for more wildlife, soar over the Masai Mara during an early morning hot air balloon ride followed by a Champagne breakfast in the bush and visit an animal orphanage and a chimpanzee sanctuary.
Top 10 Africa vacations
Exploring South Africa, Victoria Falls & Botswana,
14 days with Collette. Begins in Cape Town and and ends in Johannesburg.
Save $200 to $500 per couple. Starting at $4,595. Departures from
June 24, 2020 through April 21, 2021.
2) Cape and Namibia Adventure, 12 days with G Adventures. Begins in Cape Town and ends in Windhoek. Save 20%. Starting at $1,709. Departures from February 5 through October 28, 2020.
3) On Safari in Kenya, 8 days with Cosmos. Begins and ends in Nairobi. Starting at $2,389. Departures from February 22 through October 10, 2020.
4) Masai Footsteps, 7 days with SITA Tours. Begins and ends in Nairobi. Save $250 per couple. Starting at $2,545. Departures from February 4 through December 31, 2020.
5) South Africa from the Cape to Kruger, 14 days with Cosmos. Begins in Cape Town and ends in Johannesburg. Starting at $2,789. Departures from February 16 through November 29, 2020.
6) Tanzania: The Serengeti & Beyond, 9 days with Globus. Begins and ends in Arusha. Save 5%. Starting at 4,489. Departures from February 12 through September 16, 2020.
7) African Safari Adventure, 14 days with Trafalgar. Begins in Nairobi and ends in Arusha. Starting at $5,538. Departures from February 8 through December 19, 2020.
8) Tanzania: Serengeti to Zanzibar (BBC Earth Journey), 10 days with Tauck. Begins in Arusha and ends in Zanzibar. Starting at $6,990. Departures from May 18 through December 21, 2020.
9) Southern Africa: Travel to the Ends of the Earth, 9 days with CroisiEurope. Begins in Johannesburg and ends in Victoria Falls. Save $1,144 per couple. Starting at $7,315. Departures from February 9 through December 20, 2020.
10) Spectacular South Africa, 9 days with Luxury Gold. Begins in Cape Town and ends in Kruger National Park. Save 7.5%, plus receive an additional $300 per couple discount. Starting at $7,539. Departures from April 23 through November 30, 2020.
Customers in the US and Canada can call us toll-free at 800-291-3346.
For a list of our other toll-free numbers worldwide, click
For the world's best selection of deeply discounted cruises, click here.
For river cruises along famed waterways, click here.
For escorted tours to destinations worldwide, click here.
For hotels and resorts in the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Bermuda, the Bahamas and Europe, click here.
Please e-mail me your comments, suggestions and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will respond the same day.
If you enjoy our newsletter, please forward this email to family and friends.
Vacations To Go