Safari Newsletter Dated January 15, 2019
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,
This week, I'd like to share our best-selling African safaris, based on
bookings made by Vacations To Go customers. I've described each safari
briefly below. Click the links to see itinerary details and a full list
of dates and prices.
12 Day Classic South Africa with Robben Island, 12 days with Gate 1 Travel -- This itinerary starts with an exploration of the Cape Peninsula, with visits to the fishing village of Hout Bay and the penguin colony at Boulders Beach. Then take a tour of Cape Town sights, like the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, and ride a ferry to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years. Guests join several game-viewing excursions, including a cruise to see Nile crocodiles and hippos in the St. Lucia Estuary and an open-vehicle drive through Kruger National Park in search of elephants, lions, zebras and more. The trip ends in Johannesburg and Soweto, where you'll tour Mandela's home.
Kenya & Tanzania: A Classic Safari (BBC Earth Journey), 13 days with Tauck -- Tauck gives guests the technology to see wildlife in a unique way; for example, use thermal imaging to observe nocturnal life in the parks. Highlights include the big game of Amboseli National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, home to a dense population of animals like zebras, wildebeests, gazelles and their predators; your lodge is perched at the caldera's rim. Scout the savannas of the Serengeti for more wildlife, soar over the Masai Mara during an early morning hot air balloon ride and visit an animal orphanage and a chimpanzee sanctuary.
Botswana Adventure, 10 days with Intrepid Travel -- Accommodations for this trip include a two-night houseboat stay in the Okavango Delta, where you'll explore the waterways in traditional dugout canoes, called mokoros, with a local guide. Meet a meerkat colony at the Makgadikgadi Pan, one of Earth's largest salt flats, and photograph the elephants of Chobe National Park. Guests then travel to thundering Victoria Falls, considered the world's largest waterfall based on height and width of the water sheet during the rainy period.
Kenya & Tanzania: The Safari Experience (Small Group Discovery), 15 days with Globus -- See the "Big Five" (lions, rhinos, buffalo, elephants and leopards) on an itinerary that covers top game parks in Kenya and Tanzania. Other highlights include time at Samburu National Reserve to spot rare species like the Grevy's zebra, beisa oryx, Somali ostrich and reticulated giraffe and a visit to a chimp sanctuary that provides long-term care for orphaned and abused chimpanzees.
Exploring South Africa, Victoria Falls & Botswana (Explorations), 14 days with Collette -- After taking in the attractions and wildlife of beautiful Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula -- with dinner at the home of a local Cape Town family -- guests travel to South Africa's winelands for tastings and a dinner made of locally sourced ingredients. A two-night stay at a secluded lodge at Entabeni Conservancy allows for an early morning game drive followed by coffee or tea in the bush and a chance to accompany a ranger and tracker as they follow wildlife tracks. Spend time at leisure in Johannesburg, then fly to the spectacle of Victoria Falls. In Chobe National Park you'll join a safari cruise.
Top 10 Africa vacations
1) Spectacular South Africa Culture & Nature in Harmony,
13 days with Collette. Begins in Sandton and ends in Cape Town. Starting
at $2,999. Departures from June 6, 2019 through April 23, 2020.
2) Serengeti Trail, 8 days with Intrepid Travel. Begins and ends in Nairobi. Starting at $1,790. Departures from February 2, 2019 through December 26, 2020.
3) Rwanda Gorilla Trek, 4 days with SITA Tours. Begins and ends in Kigali. Starting at $2,000. Departures from February 12, 2019 through March 24, 2020.
4) Mozambique, Kruger & Swazi Discoverer, 13 days with G Adventures. Begins and ends in Johannesburg. Save up to 25%. Starting at $2,149. Departures from April 27 through July 27, 2019.
5) South Africa from the Cape to Kruger, 14 days with Cosmos. Begins in Cape Town and ends in Johannesburg. Starting at $3,119. Departures from February 17 through December 1, 2019.
6) Essence of South Africa, 10 days with Trafalgar. Begins in Cape Town and ends in Johannesburg. Save 10%. Starting at $3,456. Departures from February 24 through December 22, 2019.
7) Tanzania Private Safari, 8 days with Monograms Travel. Begins and ends in Arusha. Starting at $4,249. Daily departures from March 25 through December 30, 2019.
8) East African Explorer, 13 days with SITA Tours. Begins and ends in Nairobi. Starting at $5,600. Departures from February 5, 2019 through March 31, 2020.
9) Spectacular South Africa and Victoria Falls, 12 days with Luxury Gold. Begins in Cape Town and ends in Victoria Falls. Save 10%, plus receive an additional $400 per couple discount. Starting at $10,395. Departures from May 16 through November 29, 2019.
10) Botswana, South Africa & Zambia (BBC Earth Journey), 12 days with Tauck. Begins in Livingstone and ends in Cape Town. Starting at $13,990. Departures from June 6 through October 5, 2019.
Customers in the US and Canada can call us toll-free at 800-291-3346.
For a list of our other toll-free numbers worldwide, click
For the world's best selection of deeply discounted cruises, click here.
For river cruises along famed waterways, click here.
For escorted tours to destinations worldwide, click here.
For hotels and resorts in the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, Bermuda, the Bahamas and Europe, click here.
Please e-mail me your comments, suggestions and questions at email@example.com and I will respond the same day.
If you enjoy our newsletter, please forward this email to family and friends.
Vacations To Go